Mashriqu'l-Adhkar "The Dawning Place of the Praise of God"
Bicentenary of the Birth of Bahá'u'lláh
- The worldwide Bahá'í community is celebrating this year the Bicentenary of the Birth of Bahá'u'lláh with events taking place on the weekend of 21-22 October 2017 in which the Twin Anniversaries are commemorated with regard to the two prophet founders of the Bahá'í Faith - The Báb and Bahá'u'lláh.
- The House of Worship and its grounds are presently undergoing extensive renovation and improvement. While the grounds have remained open, the Temple building itself is presently closed to the public. It is expected that these works will be completed by mid-September.
- Some global details on the Bicentenary of the Birth of Bahá'u'lláh are kindly provided here.
All Visitors Welcome!
- Completed in January 1961, the Kampala Baha'i Temple has since received hundreds of visitors.
- It usually open daily between 9:00am to 5:00pm with a Sunday Service at 10:30am but presently the Temple building is closed.
- Suitable attire for a spiritual place of worship is highly recommended.
Some visiting tips
- The beautiful grounds offers a wide range of photographic opportunities however one is asked to respect the Temple interior and not to take photos within.
- While the grounds has various spots to sit, relax and meditate, one is kindly ask not to leave any litter behind.
- For additional information about the House of Worship, please make your enquiries to the Temple Guides.